If you are one of the many people who desire a straighter, more attractive smile but dread the thought of wearing metal braces for years, the Invisalign® system may be the perfect solution. More and more people are choosing to use the Invisalign system to help them achieve the smile they desire without affecting their appearance or forcing them to make a major lifestyle adjustment. Life with Invisalign is easy!
Life During Invisalign Treatment
For decades, the only way to correct spacing and alignment issues of teeth was to use traditional metal braces. These were often associated with “metal mouth,” frequent appointments, and discomfort. Luckily, we offer Invisalign, the clear way to correct your smile, at both our South Austin and Georgetown orthodontic offices. With Invisalign, patients can expect less frequent check-up appointments and even shorter appointments!
Most people happily discover that life with Invisalign is not much different than life before Invisalign. The Invisalign system makes getting straighter teeth easier and more convenient than ever before.
- Invisalign users remove the trays before eating and before drinking anything other than water. Unlike metal braces, Invisalign does not require patients to give up crunchy snacks or sticky sweets – it just means you need to remove your aligners before you eat.
- People who use Invisalign brush and floss their teeth just like people who are not undergoing orthodontic treatment. Because the trays are removable, maintaining dental hygiene with Invisalign is much easier than metal braces, which are often difficult for patients to clean thoroughly.
- Patients switch to a new set of aligners every two weeks or so to slowly move their teeth into place. About once a month, patients go in for an appointment to ensure adequate progress is being made.
- Because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, most patients find that others do not notice when they are wearing them. Many people choose Invisalign because it is a treatment that does not impact one’s appearance. The Invisalign system is a solid choice for busy professionals who want a straighter smile yet do not want to mar their appearance with metal braces.
About Invisalign In Austin
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign in Georgetown offers a virtually invisible method of correcting smiles. Custom-made, clear aligners are worn for at least 22 hours a day. However, they can be removed for eating, drinking, and even dental care. Each clear aligner must be worn for one to two weeks, during the treatment duration to align the teeth properly. Dr. Bernuy can give you exact instructions and timelines for your unique treatment.
Digital images are taken of the patient’s mouth before starting treatment. Using a computer program, Dr. Bernuy will map out your entire Invisalign treatment. Using these images and treatment plans, numerous custom-made aligners will be fabricated to slightly shift your teeth into the desired position during the duration of your orthodontic treatment. Ready to start Invisalign? Get in touch!
Benefits Of Austin Invisalign Treatment
Considering an Invisalign orthodontist? Invisalign braces have many benefits, including:
- Nearly invisible
- No gum or mouth irritation
- No damage to teeth
- No tooth discoloration
- No special dietary restrictions
- Aligners can be removed for eating, drinking, and cleaning
- Quicker treatment duration than alternatives
- Fewer appointments than the alternatives (typically 8 or 9 visits)
Ask About Our Free Teeth Whitening!
So you’ve finished your Invisalign treatment, but your smile still looks a bit dull? At Bernuy Orthodontic Specialists, we are happy to offer free teeth whitening for our Invisalign patients (certain restrictions apply)! Be sure to ask our staff how you can get free teeth whitening after your Invisalign treatment.
Ready for Invisalign? Tired of having crooked, oddly spaced or misaligned teeth? Dreaming of the perfect smile? Contact our South Austin or Georgetown orthodontics office today to schedule your appointment. We’d be happy to evaluate your teeth and discuss your ultimate smile goals to determine if Invisalign is the right option for you.