Many people wonder whether the Invisalign system is capable of correcting severely crooked teeth. They may worry that Invisalign won’t be able to fix their smiles and that they’ll be forced to spend years wearing unsightly metal braces. In many cases, however, Invisalign works just as well as metal braces for correcting crooked teeth – even severe cases.
- Invisalign aligners are capable of correcting the same problems and imperfections as traditional braces, including crooked teeth and malocclusions (bite problems). Whether the problem is only minor or if the patient has severely crooked teeth, Invisalign will likely be able to correct it.
- Invisalign aligners can also do double duty as whitening trays. Patients can fill the aligners with whitening gel to get a whiter and straighter smile at the same time.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is an innovative system that allows patients to straighten their teeth without the inconveniences and discomforts associated with traditional braces made of metal brackets and wires. Here’s how Invisalign works:
- The patient wears custom-made aligners over his or her teeth for at least 22 hours per day, taking them out only during meals or when brushing and flossing. These aligners are made of strong, hard plastic that is capable of shifting even severely crooked teeth into place.
- Approximately every two weeks, the patient switches to a new set of aligners to keep the teeth moving in the right direction. The aligners place gentle pressure on the teeth to force them to move into their proper positions slowly.
Are you wondering why so many people are choosing to use the Invisalign system to straighten their teeth? There are several benefits to using Invisalign instead of metal braces.
- Invisalign aligners are created using clear plastic and virtually invisible, which means patients can straighten their teeth without calling attention. Most people will not even notice when someone is wearing Invisalign trays. Because it is subtle yet highly effective, Invisalign is a popular choice for professionals and image-conscious teenagers.
- Many patients find that the Invisalign system is more comfortable than metal braces, as there are no wires or brackets to irritate the cheeks. The aligners are made of smooth plastic and are created to fit the patient’s mouth perfectly. In addition, the Invisalign system uses gentle force to move the teeth, which minimizes the patient’s discomfort.
- Because Invisalign aligners are removable, patients can enjoy eating their favorite foods and can brush and floss without working around metal wires. Invisalign is a convenient choice for orthodontic treatment.
Is a Straighter Smile in Your Future?
The only way to know whether Invisalign is the right treatment for you is to be seen by a dentist or orthodontist, who is an Invisalign provider. If you are unhappy with your smile and desire straighter teeth or a better bite, we encourage you to schedule your Invisalign consultation at Bernuy Orthodontic Specialists. We love helping our patients in South Austin or near Round Rock, TX, get better, brighter smiles with the help of the Invisalign system.